Monday, April 04, 2005

so proud...

Wahoo, just got off the phone and MIT sweeped the Yale tournament and blew Cornell out of the water! Ah...so proud. Especially to see my kids who started 2-3 years ago now totally leading the team...love it. Makes me so sad that I'm not in the thick of things with them anymore, but it's such a good feeling to watch your baby walk on its own after falling a few times. Columbia is going to be so sweet, especially since I haven't seen a lot of them since I left. Keep it strong, guys, you're totally awesome!

Only added to my excitement that West Side was totally awesome yesterday at NY States. We won some gaudy 8 ft trophy for being the school with the most competitors - and a whole slew of medals to boot. Our car got there late so Derek missed his forms competition, but we were there just in time for him to spar. Ah...so proud of him, he even scored a back kick! And then Scott was totally on fire, winning his division and sparring exhibition matches to boot. Despite the tiredness, it was totally worth it. I only had to spar one match and I'm rather pleased with it even if it wasn't terribly hard, and I was way out of shape. Going to Cancun in May or something like that.

So so so so SO proud of all my kids, past and present. Ah...now to get ready for the slew of tournaments to come...and sadly...to do all my freaking homework for these classes...man, community college is no walk in the park!

No comments: