Wednesday, April 20, 2005

poetry

HAHAHA...oh man...life is too funny sometimes. The poetry of sparky returns...

So I wrote a limerick to tell everyone to email Sue and wish her a happy birthday. And of course Jr decides to take the opportunity to make fun of me. So to prove him wrong and take my jabs, I wrote a poem:

Ode to Sab Jr

Hold 'Em, he taught me, to bet must be willing -
He then lost his money to Derek and Dylan;
Addicted to Starbucks, he goes all the time;
He won't let me drink it, but still pours me wine;

The man loves his back kick, but just on the right;
his face will turn red when he gets in a fight;
He threatens with punches, my arms get so sore;
We check and we stare, then we check some more;

Won't wear a mouthpiece and loves to be cocky;
When he scores a point, he dances like Rocky;
He claims that he's nice, though constantly mocks;
When he is coaching he pulls up his socks;

He never leaves home without his Blackberry;
He acts like he's mean but deep down? Not scary.

**************************

But then I figured it wasn't fair to write a poem for one twin and not the other, so I wrote one for Sr:

Ode to Sab Sr

Calm, unexpressive, through any trouble...
'Till his Blackberry fell in a puddle;
What will he do without his Brickbreaker?
Talk to his fighters? The effort's much greater!

Composed at the locals, smiling with ease;
Except watching Derek - face red, hardly breathes;
When sparring he grunts, he yells, sometimes roars;
He punches Adolfo, deep down to the core;

No sympathy here, but tough love instead;
Encouragement shown with hits on the head;
"It hurts to get kicked? Get up off the floor!"
He'll beat out the fear, 'till tears are no more;

"Free, Hallelujah! At last, April 6th!"
Be-Nice-to-Christina - a month I sure miss.

**************************

And then I got crap that my poems don't rhyme. Hrmph. So I replied with this:

Complain complain, it's all the same -
You do it too, but pass the blame;
I'm doubleteamed, my chance is slim;
It's never fair - I'll never win.
Class tonight - when will you show?
Inquiring minds would like to know...

**************************

HAHAHA...so the end result is Jr wrote a poem...it was the funniest thing I've ever seen even if he didn't get details right. Sometimes they surprise me. Haha, heck, I suprise myself. =)

No comments: