So I was totally unexpected yet pleasantly surprised by an invitation to a benefit concert last night performend by the Ahn Trio. It was put on by the organization that Sabs founded, KACF, which raises money and distributes funds to KA social service organizations in NY. They may drive me crazy sometimes, but there's no denying that they're good people, and it was great to see them outside of the role of...my tyrants. It was really cool to see what the organization has become and the good work they do. Reminds me of my dad in a way, with his own community service mind and vision for starting organizations.
Make a donation! There's a corporate sponsor who will match up to $100,000!
Even though I had an inkling that it was bait to get me involved in it - I took it. I knew at some point I'd get the "you should get involved", though I have to admit that by then I was already interested. I suppose in the current lack of specific ministry or opportunity to serve in a church setting, this could have cool opportunities. Though part of me fears getting involved in something new because I was just getting settled into life as I know it, and I know that if I get excited about something new it will lead to much overcommittment and being stretched thin. But who would I be if I actually got enough sleep?
Decisions, decisions. This plus small groups starting up this week and trying to move things around to make it fit. Or whether I CAN move things around...*sigh* I'm such a homebody, it's really hard to make myself go into active mode again. I feel like I should get out and take these opportunities to meet new people and do new things, but...I'm tired. And only going to get more tired.
After all these years of being busy and frenzied and on-the-go...and frequently burning out with the things that keep me that way...I just don't want to get myself into things sometimes. The activation energy is so high. I think there's a part of me that realizes the price you pay for being passionate, and after hitting all the highs and the commensurate if not greater lows...you just get kind of tired and especially in the working life it's so easy to just want to come home and veg and do nothing. Sheesh these days it's even hard to get myself to the dojang to work out.
When did I turn middle aged before my time?
No comments:
Post a Comment