Monday, September 26, 2005

dry cleaning

Korean ahjummas are so cute sometimes. I had to take some stuff for dry cleaning for the first time in my life, and there are a million in my neighborhood. Quite possibly as numerous as Starbucks. However, I figured like all things, what can be done in Manhattan can be done cheaper in Queens. So I brought my clothes to work, as there is a dry cleaners downstairs in my building.

There is one other Korean girl in my office, and I've been told that she goes downstairs and they give her a discount. I took my clothes down this morning and started talking in Korean to the lady and her eyes totally lit up. She was so cute, she thought I was a high school student (apparently bc I don't wear makeup, as if all people in their 20's are supposed to wear makeup?) and she was so chit-chatty...I guess there aren't too many Koreans in the building so she liked the chance to chat it up. In any event, it was kind of refreshing...

Not that I really wear clothes that need dry cleaning very often, but maybe I'll bring some pants to get shortened (because pants these days seem to be made more and more for white people, forgetting those of us who were born Asian with short legs)...

No comments: