It's my one year anniversary at work today. They gave me a watch with the company logo on it. I'm contemplating actually wearing it. Or not.
September has hit me full blast, with all my kids returning and a weekend full of teaching/tutoring lined up. Funny, I feel like I should make new year's resolutions now, since my 'new year' technically still begins in September, as if I was still in school. One thing that I'm trying very hard to be conscious of is spreading out my teaching so that it leaves room to go to church on Sundays, and hopefully small group sometime during the week as well. I've been meaning to check out different churches for awhile now, but it just hasn't happened in the mayhem of the past year. As I've had a chance to breathe these last two weeks, it has become evident that it's time to reprioritize.
Though sadly, the percentage of new year's resolutions kept is something drastically small...there's a big hole for Christian community in my life in NY and it's about time to think about how to fill it. I feel like I'm in college all over again. This whole searching thing was something I really thought I'd had enough of back then...considering it took me almost 2 years to find my community there.
So we begin again...
No comments:
Post a Comment