Thursday, September 22, 2005

out of the dark ages

Next Wednesday I will live in the Dark Ages no longer. That's right, I finally caved and called for the cable guy to come and give me cable and internet. I must say, I was far more productive and slept much earlier when I didn't have a tv or internet access at home. The first few days in my new apt, I had nothing to do but fix it up...and then once I was out of cleaning options, I was forced to read books and sleep early.

But then the TV came along...and lo and behold the FRIENDS marathon began. Actually last night I took a break and watched a Korean movie. It was pretty good, though not spectucular. ("First Kiss" though the literal translation should have been "Shall we kiss?") Sadly, I had to turn on the English subtitles to make sure I wouldn't miss any important details, but I managed to not use it that much. I need a new Korean drama to buy the boxed set for...or something. Something light and funny - a romantic comedy with a love triangle and some family tension - I don't deal well with death and melodrama. 16 episodes or less. Any suggestions?

When it came down to it...weekends without internet access were just killing me. People would email me and I wouldn't get them till Monday, and sometimes I'd miss out on things because I was out of touch for 3 days. Plus, I never know what the weather's going to be like, and I'm spending way too much time at work taking care of personal things like emails and online shopping and registration (and blogging) - so in the end...just bit the bullet. *sigh* Yet another thing that is so ridiculously inflated in the city...

No comments: