Tuesday, September 06, 2005

labor day

Labor Day Weekend - the most social interactions I've had altogether since moving to NY. Could also coincide with the utter lack of Taekwondo/working out.

1) Dessert and movies with the old roommates (and Jaac). Mad Hot Ballroom is AWESOME! Highly, highly recommend it. But I just have to say - some ethnicities are more prone to being able to dance than others. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!

2) Liza and Ripan in town! We tried out a new brunch place in my neighborhood - excellent salmon cakes. Big fan of hollandaise sauce, in all its fatty goodness.

3) Tutoring and lessons have started up again, full swing. Wow, I forgot how much I work outside of work...and how painful high school was and how much SAT's suck. However, I do remember why I liked AP Chem so much. That or my brain is just reveling in being used and feeling productive. (It tends to like that).

4) My roommate arrived. Yes, I got a roommate. Yes, I live in a tiny studio that I affectionately call my "box". Good thing she's a minimalist and seems to be low maintenance. Very roundabout how this situation ended up happening, but I think it's going to be pretty cool. We're surprisingly more similar than I would have thought, and had fun getting to know each other so far. Well, she likes kimchi and apparently makes her own - now THAT's cool.

5) Walking down Riverside Park with Grosse, hanging out at her place (on the real upper west side, which is lower down), reminiscing over the super dorkiness that was high school (good times, good laughs), awesome falafels and an escapade at bed bath, and beyond.

6) Babysitting for Sam and Syd up in Westchester - the whole thing about taking them outside to play backfired when Sammy wanted to run laps around the house. Meaning the lack of exercise caught up to me when I was racing around the yard with Sydney on my back. Syd thought it was hilarious, but I'm wondering how I got roped into running voluntarily.

Sammy: "I'm the boss, you have to do whatever I say and run how much I tell you to!"

me: "Sammy, eemoh already has a boss (two in fact) and they're mean."

Clearly she didn't understand that eemoh was on workout vacation. I was absolutely exhausted after running laps and playing tag. But they're such cuties and tucking them into bed (and reading a billion strawberry shortcake stories) was fun. And Ellen un-nee brought over the best Mexican food I've had on the east coast.

So...there appears to be a food theme going on when I have time. Dangerous. But now...back to the grind.

No comments: