OK, it got better. Much better.
Jaac came over and brightened up my poopy day, and then I went to the dojang. With 5 minutes left in my 7.30 class, Mr Lim comes out of the staff room with a cake and candles! A Korean cake, no less! I was beyond shocked - of all the people who would think to get me a cake, he was probably the last. Wow, underneath that exterior, the man has quite the heart...haha, which Mel says is only for me. Perhaps. That would actually explain Daniel very well, the apple does not fall far from the tree. But hey, I'm not complaining. I love my Koreans. Random acts of kindness sometimes fall right when you need them...
Despite the terrible start to my day, I was uplifted by all the warm wishes, some surprising! Sammy taught the sparring class for me, and I was able to leave early and go have dinner with my Jewish family. Apparently I'm an honorary Jew.
Yay for redemption!
No comments:
Post a Comment