Thursday, November 03, 2005

birthday

Worst birthday ever so far. I really hope this picks up.

1) NY cabbies stink. I spent 20 minutes trying to hail a cab, and finally got an unmarked cab to take me downtown to my physical. I hate doctors, but that's point #2. So this cabbie was either retarded or playing dumb because he had no idea how to get to the medical center. I suspect he was faking it, I hate when cabbies do that.

2) Needles. I'm a needle weenie. WEENIE. Of all the days in November HR could have scheduled my physical, they had to pick my birthday. I knew this was going to ruin it. So even though the nurse was actually very good and found my vein on the first try and what-not - after she was done I promptly started getting dizzy and hyperventilating. So much so that another nurse had to come in and prop my legs up and make me lie down and breathe.

3) Purple shin. After the freak accident with Liza that wasn't even a hard clash - my shin is purple and disgusting and I can't even bounce. The day I can't bounce is a sad, sad day. =( It wasn't even HARD!!! Somehow it's still swollen or something, because I can't feel a thing on the surface, but it kills down to the bone when it's pressed. No one can tell me what it is, rawr!

3) Teaching. Sabs have something to do tonight so I'm stuck teaching their class too. I wouldn't mind as much if not for my shin and not being able to DO anything. Rawr. I'm spending my birthday teaching...and if attendance is low tonight I'm going to be extra depressed.

Oh well. A lot of people remembered it was today, including some surprises, so that was really cool.

No comments: