Tuesday, November 22, 2005

random acts of kindness

So someone rings my doorbell today, and who should it be but my neighbor, Sherri. We met one day when she came over to ask me not to play piano late at night because she was trying to write her PhD thesis. It sounds crabby, but she was actually really really nice about it. I lent her one of my statistics books (that I've never actually used because somehow I conveniently didn't do error analysis and my advisor was so caught up in my theory section and making me derive all this crazy stuff that he didn't notice)...

Anyways, she knocked on my door with a piece of cake, because it was her birthday this week.

How nice is that?

I stand corrected that all New Yorkers are mean. Well...she must not be a native New Yorker. (She does have a foreign Chinese-esque accent).

And then she asked me if I was sick because she heard me coughing at nights, scurried back to her apt, and brought me a bag of Ricola.

DUDE.

Sometimes God gives you a glimmer of encouragement in the middle of chaos...a random act of "I'm thinking of you" totally picks me up.

No comments: