After many a failed attempt at curing myself with rest, sleep, Sudafed and the likes...I was still hacking like an old woman with emphesyma. It got so bad that I actually propped pillows up and slept upright for a night because I couldn't get any sleep.
Ever since I finally learned how to swallow pills, I've been staying away from the liquid medicines...after all, 20+ years of my life spent downing all that stuff, grinding pills into powder, and biting the gelcaps and sucking the liquid out of them has poisoned my taste buds. So despite all the recommendations that I just take Nyquil, I've been staying away...
So last night I figured I'd try to go the other way and just sweat the sickness out of my system.
I nearly died.
Mr. E decided to make the 7.30 class, which is usually relatively easy cardio-wise, into a pad workout. What happened to forms?? I think I would have been more OK with it, had I not had a holder who was utterly incapable of holding properly. She's really nice so I feel bad yelling at her, but...how can you possibly be a red belt and not know how to hold? And then Jr decided it was the day to unleash on the hogu drills. I certainly did sweat it out, but there were some fits of convulsion in my lungs that weren't too pretty...sometimes I wonder if it's a good or bad thing. And of course Mr. Sympathy focuses after class on the "what was with the crying?" - well geez, when you can't breathe and you're hacking your lungs out, perhaps wheezing is a possibility. And I'm fine, thanks for asking.
I picked up some Nyquil on the way home. Dang...that stuff is no joke. I literally felt it kicking in about 15 min after I took it. I'm still coughing, but at least I got to sleep for more than 5 min consecutively last night. I thought if I just drank a beer it'd kind of do the same thing, but I guess it feels better to wake up to Nyquil. Well that and I don't really like beer.
Grr my shin is going to be permanently messed up. RAWR. This is not a good time to be shinless.
No comments:
Post a Comment