When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn something; he has been put on his wits; on his manhood; he has gained the facts; learns his ignorance; is cured of the insanity of conceit; has got moderation and real skill. -Emerson
Sometimes I wonder where the line is between conceit and confidence...
I always tell people who don't win that you learn a lot more from losing than you do from winning. Sometimes I think I'd make a great coach for myself, if I could just...listen to myself.
I think that despite the feelings of defeat or wanting to quit that always surface after a huge loss (and the resulting trauma that follows) - sometimes you're forced with decisions that hardball you. And in the end, one rule of thumb that I've realized is quite valuable is that I'd rather regret the things I did than regret the things I didn't do.
So that being said - it's time to get back on the horse, and at the risk of losing based on only one fully functional limb...I've booked the tickets to go.
I've never hit the gym every day like this, before work, after work...but if lifting and stretching and squats and cardio is what is going to get my knees cooperating...then you gotta do what you gotta do. Phase One of the revamping and rebuilding process is on, and there isn't much time, but it has to happen.
Please pray for me! God knows I need it.
March 19th. Denver. Redemption.
No comments:
Post a Comment