Wednesday, January 18, 2006

He understands

Come Home Running - Chris Tomlin

Oh heart of mine, come back home

You've been too long out on your own
And He's been there all along
Watching for you down the road

So come home running
His arms are open wide
His name is Jesus
He understands
He is the answer
You are looking for
So come home running
Just as you are

* * * * *

For some reason, whenever I teach a private lesson on weekends after a class, Dylan is at the dojang and wants to play with me. Dyllie has this obsession with running laps around the dojang, and wanting to race from one end to the other. (And for me to either run with him, or time him). So classically the mang-neh (youngest child), he's desperate for attention. But when I'm teaching, I can't just drop everything and play with him, so Sab Jr distracted him and got him to leave me alone.

When I gave my student a water break, I turned around and saw Dylan rev himself up in preparation to sprint across the room. One hand on the mirror on one end of the room, he looks up, and grins at his samchoon (uncle). Sab is sitting on the other side of the room, and opens his arms up so Dylan can run into them. He promptly sprints across the room and tries to bowl his uncle over, dissolving into a fit of giggles.

There's something about being able to be a little kid and see someone who loves you with their arms open wide, just waiting for you to run into them. Someone who will catch you and hold you.

This song challenges me that Jesus understands. In the midst of all this uncertainty and lack of clarity...I get this feeling that I just have to know that He understands.

No comments: