Sunday, January 15, 2006

pushover

Dylan comes running over to me today, grabs my hand, and says

"Christinoona, do you know how to dance?"

"Um, not really, Dyllie, Christinoona's not a good dancer. Why?"

"Oh...(clearly disappointed) because I want YOU to be in the dance-off too!"

Dylan LOVES to dance. Aside from the fact that the boy really does have moves, he's taking hip hop dance classes AND he has the cute factor of being 6 yrs old on his side. His obsesion has been challenging James to a dance-off contest, of which I've happily been a judge until this point.

"I'm sorry Dyllie, Christinoona's a part of the group of Koreans that can't dance" (Much like his hyung-ah...Mrs. Sab always jokes about how one of her boys got white genes and the other got black genes when it comes to dancing.)

OK now he's REALLY disappointed.

"Um...OK but for you, I'll learn how to dance. How's that?"

I'm such a pushover. God help us all when I have children of my own. Eh, he's 6...he'll probably forget about this conversation...I hope.

No comments: