I played hooky this morning, and my coworker and I snuck out of the office to go to ktown and watch the Korea vs. Togo soccer game on the big screen.
It was CRAZY. Where did all these people come from, and why aren't they working or in school? (Yes, I became a halmo before my time...) The police came and barricaded us to the sidewalks because people were blocking traffic in the streets.
I have to say, it was quite the experience - being there in a crowd of Koreans when that free shot was made and instinctively cheering with everyone else. No one cheers like my people.
The only downside was that my people freaking chain smoke. Every other person pulled out a cigarette, and we were packed so closely together that it's like, why are you breathing all my clean air and leaving it polluted for me? Perhaps I'm being selfish with my air, but...stop stealing it!
I don't know what we're going to do next week, when the game is at 3pm and our boss isn't overseas (in Korea, no less) - but we'll figure it out.
대~한민국!
No comments:
Post a Comment