Monday, June 26, 2006

pink part 1

What is happening to me?

So the other day, I had a bit of free time on my hands (such a pleasant surprise these days), and thought I remembered the flavor of the week was Green Tea at Beard Papas. Normally I'm not one to be impulsive, particularly for something fatty (Beard Papas makes Japanese cream puffs), but...hey, why not?

However, my quest was diverted as I got out at 79th St. and saw that there was a Filene's Basement on the corner. It made me all nostalgic for Boston for some reason, so I decided to pop in. In my attempt to diversify my wardrobe, I decided to go out on a limb - I purchased 3 new polo shirts.

I know what you're thinking: sparky, you wear polo shirts all the time, get some girl shirts and stop looking like you're going to go play golf.

However, these were unlike any shirts I've ever owned.

They were bright.

In fact, one was pink. Bright. Pink. I don't know what possessed me to buy that shirt. No, that's a lie - a 50% sale and not wanting to sweat to death at work wearing long sleeves over the summer is what possessed me. Man, this seems to be a recurring theme - frugality (that might not be a real word) winning out over principle.

Yes, well, we all step out of our comfort zones in different ways.

I never made it to Beard Papas before it closed. Dangit, there won't be green tea cream puffs for another month! I have no cream puffs, and all I have to show for it is this pink shirt...

No comments: