This was a weekend of doing things I never thought I'd do:
1) Being at the dojang for a sum total of 7 hours and not working out. Ever since my lapse last Thursday, I've been diligent to not letting myself work out. 23 days down, 18 to go until re-evaluation. By the end I'm either going to be dying of boredom and slothfulness, or learned to enjoy being a normal person and never go back.
2) Sat night I trekked down to the East Village to hang out with JAAC. Good gosh it's FAR. I've never known anywhere but the UWS (upper west side), and was always perfectly content staying on the 123 lines (ie. never going below k-town). But I must say, there is good food to be had down there (despite the neighborhood not being quiet and benign as up here).
Speaking of which, my take on alcoholic beverages - I had a sip of whatever raspberry something something he ordered. And I was thinking, this would taste better if I could get it with more raspberry and less vodka. So it was probably a drinking faux pas, but that's what I asked the lady for. Though I have to say...it would have tasted better if there was ALL raspberry and NO vodka. I guess I should just order juice next time...
3) I watched "Harold and Kumar" for the first time - and overall I think I even liked it. Well, minus all the crude nasty stuff (which I guess made up most of it). But in the genre of stupid movies, it had its moments. His Korean accent sounded ... not really Korean, though.
4) I did 3 loads of laundry. Since I've moved to NY, I've done laundry every 2 weeks, and never done less than 5 loads at a time. This whole not working out thing
No comments:
Post a Comment