Wednesday, June 21, 2006

peeve redeemed

For those who know me well (and took that silly AIM quiz thingy a few years ago) - you'll know that my #1 pet peeve of all time is customer service people who are mean, incompetant, or otherwise don't serve you.

I've expounded upon this topic many a time - pretty much every time I've had to deal with people from airlines, credit cards, technical support...

Well, I stand corrected. I just switched phone providers from T-Mobile to Verizon, and I had the most pleasant customer service experiences in the last 3 times I've called. Once, I'd be pleased. Twice, surprised. Three times, I'm amazed.

I find it sad that I just assume that I'm going to have to wait on hold for at least 20 minutes, and fight with customer service to get what I need. Verizon has, at least for the time being, renewed my sense of faith that there are actually people out there who are paid to be nice to me.

Wait...that doesn't sound right...

No comments: