Saturday, October 28, 2006

decisions, decisions...

Should I buy it...should I not. I think my inner child is still bitter at my parents for giving away my 8-bit NES and Gameboy when I was a kid. I don't know who they gave it away to, but...I took it pretty hard. Gone are the days of Super Mario Bros 1, 2 and 3...Super Dodgeball, Super Contra (hrmm - I appear to have a thing for games with the name "super" in them).

Over the summer, on the way to shiau_d's wedding, I discovered in the backseat of Abe's car his Nintendo DS Lite and Big Brain Academy. Yes, I'm SuperDork, loud and proud - but I couldn't get enough of this game. Ash had to take it away from me because I was so obsessed with beating my score, I would have stayed up all night and slept thru the wedding. (Seriously, if you haven't played it...this game is freaking addicting).

Then last month, after a failed kcf alum (+B) attempt to go to Atlantic City (always an adventure with J) and/or karaoke (yo, when are we actually going?), we ended up buying poker chips at Duane Reade and going to the Moons'. There I discovered that dmoon had acquired a DS Lite as a groomsman's gift, and he had some game called Brain Age. I thought it would be the same thing, but it wasn't. Not nearly as fun...well, that and the voice recognition thing didn't work too well so it told me I was stupid. (I have a brain age of 80 or something like that - I was really sad!) I was stubbornly trying to redeem myself when I was called to rejoin civilization and lose my money at poker.

So as per my usual shopping habits with unnecessary purchases, I sit around and wait for awhile and see if I still want it. (Hence why it took me so long to get a cell phone, an iPod, a digital camera...) I mean, it's entirely useless beyond entertainment purposes. I should be practical and spend my money on things I need, like...food. Then again I do spend a lot of time on airplanes and bored out of my mind in airports, and there's a ridiculously long flight to Argentina coming up.

I'm so bad at making frivolous decisions. Be responsible? Or be fun?

Perhaps I will make a flow chart...

No comments: