Thursday, October 05, 2006

t-minus 29

Remember the Titans was on TBS tonight. Definitely rising in the ranks of my favorite movies...perhaps it is now #2.

I think I like watching movies by myself in the comforts of my own home. Read: I can cry freely when I feel like it and not be embarassed about it. Not that I cry in movies. Of course not. *ahem*

But seriously, I noticed that when I'm watching a movie with someone else, those pivotal emotional moments are ruined because I have too much pride to actually let the tears flow. I think it impedes my enjoyment of the movie, overall, because I secretly *really* enjoy those sentimental happy breakthrough or turnaround moments. Well, I guess it's not really a secret since I just wrote it on the internet. Foiled!

So...either I'm going to have to watch movies by myself forever, or I'm going to have to be comfortable enough with the people I'm watching to let that pride go. Hasn't happened yet - not even with my favorite movie, which I watched with my 'family' (read: my TKD bros and my Jewish mom) - and with all the tears we've put down on those mats, there isn't much room for pride left there. But nope - sucked those tears back in the theater the first time I watched it, even though every time I watch it now it's still as good as the first time...

Speaking of inspiration...I bit the bullet and registered for Nationals today. Paid my fees, filled out the forms, bought my plane tickets...no turning back now. I've had enough of being sick, it's time to mind-over-matter it.

Feel free to motivate me...(read: please!)

T-minus 29.

No comments: