I've been thinking about encouragements, and how to encourage others in a way they understand. Which led me to think about the ways that I'm encouraged. (Or discouraged, as the case may be).
I was really encouraged this week when:
-Jooho told me that if I were his quarterback, we'd be unstoppable, and proceeded to list the reasons why. What unexpected affirmations (particularly from the guy who doesn't give them very readily). Made me all the more sad that I can't play this year, but already makes me look forward to next season.
-The look on his face when I told Mumbles about Pan Ams. It's so heartwarming when you see that someone is so genuinely happy for you. As opposed to this conversation I had with my mom:
"Mom, guess what!"
"You got a boyfriend???"
"Um. No. I'm going to be on the national team to the Pan American Championships in Argentina..."
"Oh. That's good too."
Way to burst my bubble.
-JAAC is the best.
-Popped in Miracle. Still my favorite movie.
We've got to stop crying and start sweating. We've got to stop talking and start walking. Working together, with a common faith - we cannot fail.
No comments:
Post a Comment