So I've been delegated to head up the efforts on games at the retreat, and I called a brief meeting today to brainstorm ideas and get our new Events, Yo! members involved. (Which I find funny because I feel like a new member, still).
So after our meeting, we went to men's/women's ministries, and I was sitting across from this girl who's new to our church who signed up for Events.
"So are you the leader of Events? Or is it John?"
"Haha, John's the leader, I'm just his wife. I pick up after him and remind him when he forgets things."
"Oh, OK."
"Wait - I'm not ACTUALLY John's wife...you know that, right?"
"Well, you do have the same last name..."
HAHA. Oh man...I gotta stop referring to myself as ppls wife or secretary. I forget that sometimes when people are new, they might actually believe you.
No comments:
Post a Comment