Wednesday, October 18, 2006

randomness

The difference between an arrogant guy and an arrogant girl: when you're up against someone who doesn't like you, the guy says "their opinion doesn't matter they are beneath me" and moves on. Whereas the girl says "their opinion doesn't matter they are beneath me" and then promptly wonders "but why don't they like me???"

* * * * *

Endy Chavez is freaking awesome. I think he just made me a Mets fan. What a catch.

* * * * *

I made a new friend this week. He's so much like Richard it's uncanny. Poofy volumous hair and all. Well, when Rich was skinny and small. Seriously, the hair and the hoojin doubles. Uncanny.

* * * * *

I was going up the stairs in the subway the other day when my hand clashed with the foot of the guy in front of me. It just happens when it gets busy - people bump into each other. He promptly turned around, glared at me, and said "if you touch me again I'll push you down those stairs"

What are you supposed to say in that type of situation? I was torn between standing up for myself and crumbling. But I know my own temperament, and figuring there was no way for me to stand up for myself gracefully, I ended up just staying silent.

I'm not sure if I'm proud of myself for walking away, or ashamed for being a weenie.

* * * * *

My super-motivated, super-talented 8-year-old student brightened my day today. I love teaching someone who loves to learn. She was so excited about my birthday, she was like "I'm going to get you a present! Oh I know! I'm going to get you a Taekwondo bear from Build-A-Bear!"

(she takes a moment to look around my room, spots my Vermont Teddy Bear with the Taekwondo uniform)

"Like that one!"

(she takes another scan, spots the Beanie Buddy that selbst made a dobok for back at TKD gift exchange '03)

"Or that one...huh. You have a lot of Taekwondo bears!"

Haha. Super cute. And then I made her do 40 minutes of doubles, and she totally loved it. Soemtimes you have these little moments that remind you that teaching can be joyful. I'll have to remember that tomorrow when I teach my other 8 year-old girl who hates math and consequently hates me...

* * * * *

Pom Tea is so good. So freaking expensive. But so good.

No comments: