Irony is listening to 'let it snow, let it snow, let it snow' when it's snowing snowballs outside. Or rather, when you're outside with a tiny ice scraper/brush thing trying to dig your car out when it's snowing snowballs. It was snowing so hard that by the time I got all the snow off of my windshield, went to the clear out the back and came back to the front - it was all covered again.
Don't get me wrong, I like the winter wonderland effect. There was something almost magical about walking outside (in the buckets of snow) and seeing a blanket everywhere where no one had stepped in yet. But perhaps I'm becoming cynical...as I saw the snow, the next thing I thought of was all the dirty slush puddles it would become in a day or two...gosh, if there's one thing I really really dislike, it's dirty slush puddles. Somehow I always end up stepping in one and being soaked through my shoe and squishing for the rest of the day. Squishy socks = no good.
Haha I remember my first snowfall, freshman year. I had never seen real snow before, so I was so excited to run around and play in it. I ran over to a big snowmound, wound up to kick it....
and slipped and fell on my butt.
Haha. Such a silly freshman I was. It reminds me of a quote that was always on pkkim's zsig:
"The older you get, the more it takes to fill your heart with wonder"
I wonder when the last time was that my heart was filled with wonder...when I look at the little kids around me and how their eyes light up at things that make them go "WOOOOOOW!" - I remember what it's like to have your breath taken away by something unimaginable, something so totally cool that you've never experienced before. Like a first snowfall.
No comments:
Post a Comment