Friday, December 02, 2005

nostalgia part 1

Once I realized that my computer was dying (and I have little idea how to back things up when my burning software appears to not want to recognize anything), I started flipping through my files and looking at what I want to keep (gosh I hope I figure out how to save these things...)

I had quite an amusing and heartwarming time watching all the random videos that were made over the past few years through ACF senior banquest and TKD...sure made me miss Boston, college, and...good times.

The year I was on staff, we had this leadership event where each leadership team had to encourage a different team, through whatever means we gave them. I think staff had to do a puppet show about usgl's, usgl's did arts and crafts for fsgl's, fsgl's acted out a skit for exec, and exec made a movie for us. It was a hilarious time of affirmation...

I rewatched the leadership video the other day and almost died laughing. dmkang, cktsai, chicki and kder...you guys rock. There's something about being parodied that can be so affirming...even if they're making fun of you.



Haha I love this picture. They're acting out a staff meeting where we're praying...kder and cktsai are supposed to be slyan and dpark (at the time dating, now they're engaged! quite eager to pray holding hands) and chicki and dmkang are supposed to be me and pkkim (apparently not willing to hold hands).

HAHA. Those kids...

It cracks me up even now...I remember back in Urbana 2000 when pkkim and I went as students. (As opposed to Urbana 2003 when we went as staff). I think it was one of the plenary sessions after praise when the speaker or whoever was up there said to hug the person next to you. (It was one of those feel-good moments...) I think pkkim and I stood up and looked at each other for a minute and I said something stupid along the lines of "but you don't hug!"

Haha...Nothing wrong with clear boundaries...nothing at all. But just amusing to think about when reminiscing and funny that the kids picked up on it...gosh I miss pkkim and the rest of K/ACF of yore...those were indeed good times...now even my 'kids' are graduated and scattered across the country...crazy.

No comments: