Forrest Gump was playing on TBS late tonight. What a great movie, with a great soundtrack.
I love the part at the end when Tom Hanks is waiting at the bus stop with little Forrest, and right before he gets on the bus he calls out to him:
"hey Forrest...I just wanted to tell you that I love you"
Little Forrest turns, looks at him, and says
"I love you too, Daddy"
This morning I went up to Ardsley to drop off presents for Sam and Syd. I have to say...next time I'm just going to get them plastic and foam. Why spend money and time picking out toys when 2 year olds are more interested in the packaging?
I was holding Syd in my lap putting her present together, and she says "thank you, eemoh!" Gosh, I love making her smile. I kissed the top of her head and said
"I love you, Sydney"
"Love you too"
There's something so free about being able to tell someone you love them when you do. After I left for college, my parents suddenly started saying "I love you" every chance they could. It's as if they thought they hadn't said it enough in the 17 years that we had together. It's not something that needed to be said, I knew that they did because they showed me through sacrifice...but it was and is nice to have it verbalized.
Children should hear often and know that they're loved. In fact, we all should, because when you know that you're loved, it's only natural to love others.
No comments:
Post a Comment