After <24 hrs - observed differences between NY and CA:
1) In NY I dug my car out of the snow in sub-zero temperatures. In CA I drove through a monsoon, but it was 65 degrees.
2) In CA, people signal when changing lanes. After driving for 2.5 weeks in NY, I got used to the abrupt switching of lanes without signalling - both from the people around me (ie. cabs) and myself. That stuff doesn't fly here.
3) Even though it's supposed to be illegal to honk in NYC - people do it anyways. I think the number of times I've honked my horn before moving to NY could be counted on one hand. In fact, I'd say I was honk-averse - even in an emergency I'd get my hand to the horn and then stop right when I was about to blare it. Well - so much for THAT. The urge to honk at super slow people today was insane. I repent of my impatience...
4) In CA, you can feed meters with dimes and nickels as well as quarters. I totally forgot about that. What a great way to get rid of change.
I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm becoming a New Yorker. God help us all...
No comments:
Post a Comment