I was thinking about it this morning when I woke up, and I'm actually quite blessed to be surrounded by supportive people. Oftentimes I'm only thankful in retrospect. They express it in different ways, but I chuckled to myself as I was walking to PT this morning, thinking about Adolfo, Scott, and James jumping around like cheerleaders last night when I was being grumpy and stressed out.
"When I say sparky, you say grr! sparky!"
"grr!"
"sparky!"
"grr!"
"When I say sparky, you say noona! sparky!"
"noona!"
"sparky!"
"noona!"
"sparky!"
"noona noona noona!"
It's a learning-to-receive thing, I suppose. I have a hard time being cheered for when I don't feel like I deserve cheering. Like, I hate hearing about the good things I did when all I can think about is the bad things. I'm such a cranky-pants these days, boo me.
But despite how tired I am and maybe even starting to burn out at the dojang - I must admit there are shining moments of YAY! in there. Daniel came running out yesterday when I got there with a big "hi noona!" and a hug. And Derek and I chatted all the way back to the subway on Monday, Sab moved him between us so we could talk. Such a cute kid...such a chatterbox.
After Frankie's lesson yesterday I was dead tired and went to a corner of the downstairs space and went to sleep. Don't know how long I was out, even people kicking paddles didn't faze me...and then somehow I sensed Sab's presence and opened my eyes and he was standing over me.
Oops.
I couldn't tell if he was laughing at me or mad at me, my eyes weren't quite open yet as I stumbled around, trying to orient myself. James tells me later that he was watching me sleep for a good 5 minutes before I woke up. Oops...but someone should have woken me up, grr!
No comments:
Post a Comment