Tuesday, October 19, 2004

WAHOO!!!

WAHOOO!!!!

Back from Colorado. More details to come, but for now:

Saturday was the most painful day of my life. I don't think I've ever pushed myself that hard in one sitting, without my teammates and coaches, to boot. Judging by the lactic acid buildup in my legs and the fact that all day Sunday I was walking down stairs backwards and walking bow-legged - yeah it pretty much sucked.

But in the end it was totally worth it. I'M GOING TO PAN AMS!!! And even though I sucked at running and things hurt and I didn't necessarily feel my best during kicking - in the end I smoked everyone in sparring, so I feel good about getting the spot.

Sabs are funny people. Funny how they're all aloof and don't appear to care all that much, and then it turns out they were freaking out on Saturday because they hadn't heard from me. And then it's always like "OK call me when this is done". Dude, why am I always the one who has to call?? I was going to be mean and say that I broke my foot or something (knock on wood) to see if he'd get worried, but then being a horrible liar, the words didn't come out. Oh, well. I'm glad he was freaking out. I was too.

I didn't call him after the first workout (track/sprints), but I called James and whined about how much it sucked. And then apparently he played it for Jr and he LAUGHED at me. Rawr.

After the kicking one, I was talking to him and then I hear in the background "sam-CHOON!"

"Dylan hang ON...I'm talking to sparky noona...Do you want to wish her good luck?"

So I talked to Dylan for awhile. Haha, conversations with 5-year-olds are super cute...if not super about nothing. At least it made me chill out for 5 minutes.

The walls in the OTC dorms were paper thin, so I couldn't really say much of anything about anyone without feeling totally self-conscious about it. Sab was getting impatient because I just couldn't get the words out in Korean. Between him and Rich, by the end of the trip everyone was making fun of me that every time I picked up the phone I'd switch into Korean. Yeah, well...little did they know I was talking about them...so there. Being bilingual is so handy sometimes.

Sunday I got to hang out with Margaret! Wahoo! Ah...how strange to be in Colorado together, but it was so good...sometimes you don't realize how much you miss someone until you see them again. Double pump! HAHA...

Thanks to everyone who prayed for the gimp-factor this weekend...wow, prayer sure works wonders. Aside from the massive soreness and ripping up the bottom of my foot, I escaped without any new injuries. Yay for prayer! (And for Celebrex!)

No comments: