So the past 3 days I've been taking a class in AutoCAD. I must admit, I loved it. For a good many reasons:
1) My company paid for me to take this class and learn something
2) AutoCAD is a cool software package and loosely related to Mech E
3) They found me a class in Manhattan - in fact, only 8 blocks from where I live! Not having to commute into work for 3 days made life so much more pleasant
4) The class only ran from 9-4, including a 1 hour lunch break!
The strangest thing of it all was that I felt like I was in high school all over again. I haven't felt smart since I got to MIT - I think I forgot what that felt like. So there were 3 other people in my class ... and though we were all at different levels of comfort with drafting and computers ... they were definitely slow. Like, really slow. I found myself getting really impatient and bored. And I think I'm just capable of falling asleep wherever, whenever these days.
It was a nice interlude from the same-old same-old though...ah, I miss being a student. There's something about the freedom of being in class, and actually learning something. It was fun...
Rawr I really hope Sab's there tomorrow. I can't take it anymore, I need some motivation. Plus Nathan and John are coming! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment