Spurred by Ji's post a few days ago regarding Kerry being a hypocrite about people dying in the war but holding his views on abortion, I actually decided to be an informed citizen (now that I'm forced to vote because they actually registered me, grr).
The more I read about Kerry, the more I dislike him. Which kind of sucks because I was just going to vote for him because Bush has already done a pretty bad job. But this kind of bothered me:
President Bush has pushed for a constitutional ban on gay marriages; Kerry has said he opposes same-sex marriages, but doesn’t favor amending the Constitution to ban them.
Kerry has said that he personally opposes abortion but does not oppose legal access to it.
So...yes, I've heard that Kerry is wishy-washy and doesn't take a stand etc. So my new question is this: Is it better to have a President who's ingenuine, or one who's genuinely stupid? Because even if someone isn't necessarily right, you have to respect someone who will stand up for what they believe in.
Hrrm...so what is this having to GO someplace and vote thing? Why can't we vote online? I don't want to take time out of my workday and not get paid...There better not be a line!
No comments:
Post a Comment