Tuesday, October 05, 2004

let everything that...

"Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines." -Leroy "Satchel" Paige

It's so true. It's interesting that I stumbled upon this quote today, because it's where I feel like I am. There are so many days when I do hang my head down - everything sucks, I'm tired, have too much responsibility, whatever.

But on days like today when I came back from a tournament elated at my kids' performances and Sabs were elated at mine - when I hear about how my old kids are doing awesome...it's important to remember to be thankful and to give the glory to God. Because it's definitely true that when everything crumbles, I ask "why??" and cry out.

You can't manipulate God for your own purposes - yet that's what we do with emergency prayers. You can't just always ask Him to give, and then be mad when He's not giving you what you want - it's like being in any relationship and only talking to your friend when you need something.

Struggle is good, because it forces the reality that we need God - but do we need God any less when we're not struggling? Hrrmm...

T-minus 10 days to camp.

No comments: