"Above all, really enjoy your sport. When you are passionate about what you are doing and love doing it, you can do anything." -Carole Merle
S Jr is the man. Two hard training days but they were so good. And surprisingly, so fun. I think it's because he'll train with me instead of just training me. At least these days. So it's kind of fun to make him work hard too. At least, it gives me great satisfaction to fake him out. Like "haha, I got you". Besides, it makes me feel like less of a burden or a "taker" if I'm being a target and giving him a hard time too. As much as I loved working out with Rich last year, and as much as that was so good for me - it's always hard when you know that you're a burden on the other person and they're not getting anything out of it for themselves.
But it was nice of him to come in on Friday to work out. I dunno, I guess it was cool to have the dojang to ourselves and not have other people just watching from the side, commenting or otherwise talking. Not that that should matter, because I should learn to tune them out and not be distracted. But still - it does make a difference because you have to be aware of what you say and do because people are watching and listening...and even when people cheer or stuff from the side, it affects things. Well, I guess it depends on whether they're cheering for or against you, haha.
It was nice to just be alone and just...work. Made it a lot easier to communicate, gave the freedom to be silly, and generally made it fun. Esp. when sparring, we sparred Friday and today for awhile and it was the most fun I've had in a long time. I think for him too, never seen him actually smile that much. Haha. Then again, if I'd popped him with doubles the way he got me, I'd probably grin too. I guess the biggest difference lately has been that I'm enjoying sparring and not so stressed out, even though big tournaments have been happening all around me. Not sure what brought about the change in attitude, nor do I know how long it'll last...but it's been good.
Actually I do know. It's because they're happy with me. Being on the sh*tlist always makes my sparring go to crap. 3 days till I leave for Pan Ams...crazy.
Good luck to Liza, Erica, Rich, and Nathan (and everyone else from MIT/Boston, and James if he's super cool and decides to go) at All-Stars tomorrow! Yeah yeah bigger fish to fry, I guess, but I'm jealous of no longer being eligible for collegiate stuff...it was fun while it lasted, but it didn't last very long...growing up stinks.
No comments:
Post a Comment