Wednesday, November 24, 2004

in withdrawal

I was frantically trying to book plane tickets home for Christmas, and realized that my priorities are grossly heavy on Taekwondo. As in, trying to figure out the optimal days to go home based on when the dojang would be closed, when Sabs would be available to train me (assuming that my knee is OK by then and I'm still competing at Trials), and how many days I can afford to take off to sit on my butt at home because there's nowhere to train and no one to train with.

Oh yeah, I guess it's also important how many days of work I'm missing, but clearly that hasn't been a priority thus far...doh.

I didn't realize how much a part of my life this was until I busted my knee and couldn't do it anymore. Jr is right - it takes an injury that takes something everyday away to cause you to appreciate what you have with health. It freaking takes me forever to get anywhere. Particularly if anywhere involves stairs. *sigh* Well, he also said that despite all his knee problems now, he wouldn't have done it any differently, and that it was worth the pain. I hope when I'm 40 and arthritic I can say the same thing.

It's only been a day, and I'm already going into withdrawal. Sitting at the dojang on the side in plain clothes watching yesterday was so painful. Well, except for the fact that I was laughing at the demo kids as they laughed at themselves. =) Joe's a very interesting character...the way he teaches is a bit...eclectic. Not bad, just...different.

Off to PT to get tortured. No more toe-wiggling. Now it's down to business. Rawr...

No comments: