Gosh that was a lot of food. Normally I'm not a fan of turkey but 고모 sure has a way with the bird...nothing like a good old-fashioned Korean Thanksgiving. A big turkey, stuffing, and all that crap that normal people eat (I still don't understand cranberry sauce from a can), but also with kimchee and other banchan...so good. Funny what training will do to you - my instant reaction was to refuse dessert and coffee. Or it's more like...if I'm going to stuff myself, I want it to be with meat and carbs, not with sugar and caffeine. Hahaha...
Got to see my girls today...Sammy and Sydney have gotten so much bigger, and Sydney can sort of talk now. Ah...I missed the girls. And tomorrow I get to hang out with my boys! It's been awhile since I've seen Derek and Dylan, too. Holidays are cool like that...lots of family (or "family" as my case may be). Still a little apprehensive as to what this lunch is about - usually everything Sabs want has a purpose. It sounds like a "just for fun" thing, but if it's a family thing then it feels weird to show up. We'll see, I suppose...
It dawned on me that one thing that I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving was the fact that despite being far from home and what-not, I had a lot of invitations for places to go to spend it. Even though I've only been here for a few months, I'm thankful that there are all these pockets of "family", in particular my extended family on both sides, the Etkins and Sabs. It makes it feel less lonely and more like home.
No comments:
Post a Comment