Monday, November 15, 2004

teen angst

Why watch Dawson's Creek when you can just witness it for yourself? I guess I forgot what it's like to be a teenager and how life-and-death it seems to like someone or think you're in love and be rebuffed or realize that it's not always magical like in the movies.

I mean...it's reality. Sometimes "love" (and I put that in quotes because I don't really believe that teenagers really understand what it is when they call it that) just isn't enough. As impossible as it seems to get to the point where two people are interested in each other at the same time - once that happens it doesn't necessarily mean that they should date or that it's happily ever after.

But then again, how to explain that to someone who's head over heels. I guess being able to control emotions is something that builds with time and maturity. But yes, it does suck quite a bit during.

I remember James (Choung) used to always say there are two factors: the right person, and the right time. Sounds so simple, yet can feel so complicated.

As much as I wasn't a huge fan of Joshua Harris, seeing all this angst makes me want to recommend "I kissed dating goodbye" to people. Well, I think it's age-appropriate for high schoolers anyways. This whole "guarding-your-heart" thing - I totally believe in it. Well, at least for those of us who are far too emotionally driven. There has to be something that keeps your heart in check, especially when you know it dominates over your self.

Though really...they should just focus on getting into college. Haha...how insensitive of me but...it's much easier to be practical when you're an observer.

No comments: