What I found disturbing about my MRI:
So he puts me on the table and locks my leg in (fine, I'm not going anywhere, but sure...) - and then slides me into the tube so that just my head is kind of sticking out. So far so good. The guy puts headphones on me with some radio station that I can barely hear - as if that was going to make any difference with all the racket that machine makes. So I'm stuck on this table, looking up...and I see directly above me is this little sign that says "warning - looking directly into laser may cause loss of vision". Or something like that. But the laser hold thing was RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE and I can't move. Even if I looked away, my eyeballs were still in line with it. WHO designed this freaking machine??
So I closed my eyes.
However, closing eyes at the end of a long day frequently leads to drowsiness. And getting sleepy in a foreign place means that I have a tendency to twitch. That would be no good considering I'm not supposed to move my leg at all. Oops...oh, well. I think I only dozed off for a little bit, before all the clanging and buzzing woke me up. MRI's as scary like that - they make these noises like machine guns shooting and you're strapped to a table inside of a tube. And if you've ever watched a movie with me, I jump at EVERYTHING.
Yeah well...results should be out at the end of the week. It's like having to wait for school acceptances or offer letters all over again...
No comments:
Post a Comment