So this was the weekend of meeting up with old friends. Except everyone was in town the same weekend and none of the circles overlapped.
Went to BJ's (Ben and Jerry's, not the Costco wannabe) with Becky and Sean on Sat night after the tourney. Wish she hadn't moved away to PA...boo...
Gina and I were supposed to have breakfast, but in classic Gina-style...she overslept. "5 more minutes..." Heehee...takes me back to sophomore year...:)
Met up with David for the East Side Redeemer service. It must have been over a year since I saw him last...hasn't changed a bit. We had lunch afterwards, it was good to catch up. We walked crosstown together because he was going to work and I was going to TKD - and nearly the whole way, it was silent. And walking fast. Just like all those times we'd be in the car, driving in silence. Ah, Mr. Lee...some things will never change.
Hours upon HOURS of lessons and tutoring. *sigh* So tired. BUT it's really rewarding to see the fruits of your labor. Melanie got another perfect score on her physics quiz! Went over matches with the kids, watched tapes upon tapes of Scott's matches from the last year, and started tutoring Becca. Really nice girl, but it becomes obvious to me that some people are math-and-science types and some...should go to Harvard. Haha, well, undergrad. It's going to be an uphill battle, but I think we'll make progress soon. Teaching is kind of fun like that though - I can see why Dave Shin likes it so much. It's a puzzle - a matter of figuring out how your student thinks and how to get them to understand something. Frustrating if you can't figure it out - but so cool if you can.
Was way late meeting up with Linda, Alice, and Jennie for dinner and boba...Jennie sure can pick good places to eat. Ah, eendah...you must move to NY. :) Today was the most time I've ever spent on the East side. So good to see them all again...though I was yawning through everything. Sad when you get tired by 9:30...
It was great going back in time with people, old friends in my new place. But Sab is right about moving on...
"Finally, I'd like to say that its' great that you have been able to let go of MIT and move on to your next stage in life/training. We've told you before many times, life is always about looking forward and living for the next challenge, not about sitting back and living in the past."
I must say, they are wise men. Well of course, what they said was a result of a TKD conversation, but I guess it applies generally as well.
1 comment:
i think my tendency is to look forward a little too much. or muse about the past... what i REALLY need to learn to do is live in the present :)
Post a Comment