Thursday, July 06, 2006

baby names

In light of all of the babies being born around me lately, I was thinking about baby names the other day. Or rather, the last time I had seriously had this discussion.

HAHA.

So about 3 years ago when I was in Boston, I was living at 93 Brookline with my fabulous roommates, Aimee and Helen. One night, when we were all at home, we were discussing the topic of dating and marriage (surprise, surprise), and Helen and Aimee were in a debate over who would be the last to get married. As in, each was insistent that she would be the last to get married, or can't imagine getting married soon, or something along those lines.

After this came to no real conclusion, it got interesting. I'm not sure how the topic of a bet came up (well, it could quite possibly have been from me, the amused bystander) - but soon it was on the table that whoever got married first would have to name their firstborn child after the other.

Teehee. Interesting, I tell you.

So then the inevitable question came up - "what if the firstborn child is a boy?" I mean, clearly you can't traumatize a boy by giving him an obvious girl's name. So we promptly began to brainstorm the boy equivalents of "Aimee" and "Helen".

So if Helen got married first and had a boy, her firstborn son would be named "Amos". We had a good laugh over that one...(if your name is Amos and you're reading this...sorry dude, no offense).

However, the girl version of "Helen" presented a bit more of a challenge. We were stumped for awhile before someone blurted out "I got it! HELMUT!!"

HAHA.

Amos and Helmut. Which will it be? Dun dun dunnnnnnnn....

No comments: