Perhaps if this engineering thing doesn't pan out, I'll take my career as a choreographer/backup dancer on the road. And by dance I mean accidentally kick Rich in the face halfway through the song. I was watching some old videos and getting really nostalgic this week. I really miss MIT and my old teammates and friends.
So in spring '04, we were doing a demo for the pre-frosh weekend activities fair. Besides the usual stuff (forms, board breaking, self-defense skit...) I had this silly idea to choreograph a routine to pop music. And by pop music I mean kpop.
Oh man, that was so fun to make. Took forever to get the coordination down, but after we did it at the fair, Tim thought it'd be really funny if we entered in AXO's Lip Sync contest. This sorority did an event every year where various groups could enter by performing a lip singing routine, and the winners got prizes. So we thought, hey we have a routine, we just need someone to go up there and dance and pretend to sing while we do this in the background. It just might be original enough to win!
Well, we didn't win anything, but it was a fun thing to do, and the crowd seemed to like it. I was really proud of my team for being able to put it together and pull it off. I miss that sort of collective goal...perhaps that sort of community won't come again after college.
Anyways. I'm not sure if Bobby's site works, but here's the 'music video', to one of my favorite songs: 숨은 그림찻기 by 엄정화. Note - I am not the girl dancing around in the front and lip singing - that's Sandra. Haha, I only wish I could be so bold.
Perhaps I should stick with my day job...
No comments:
Post a Comment