Thursday, July 13, 2006

identity crisis - part 2

This is a public service announcement: I am female. Please take note.

1) On work: today, my boss told me I'm "the man".

Recently at work, I noticed recently that for some reason, people keep coming to me with questions about the project. And by people I mean associates, not interns. Where can I find this file, what's the latest on the meeting schedules, are we going with this version or that, what's the size of this, etc etc etc. Keep in mind that I had zero experience in this field prior to starting here 4 mos ago and zero specialization in this field while I was in school - what do I know? I'm flying by the seat of my pants as it is!

So I was having lunch with my boss today, and it was made clear to me:

"The electrical and plumbing people keep coming to me with questions...it's like they think I'm in charge or something."

"That's because you're the man! You ARE in charge!"

I'm "the man"? What does that mean?

2) On working out:

"Stop punching like a girl!"

"I AM a girl!!!"

You'd think they'd have noticed by now.

3) On working out II:

"I don't kick you in the crotch when you don't have a cup on, why do you punch me in the chest when I don't have a hogu??"

I think that speaks for itself.

No comments: