Recent purchases that I highly recommend:
1) "Third Book Down" by Harvard's Under Construction (Christian acapella group). No one bastardizes secular songs into Christian ones like UC. (And I mean that in a good way!)
While I'm at shameless plugs, check out MIT's Cross Products - the recording is from awhile, but one of the best Christian acapella CD's I've bought. No, I'm not biased...just because my friends were on it...it is my objective opinion that they were awesome.
I miss collegiate acapella concerts. My cousin was a founding member of Columbia's Jubilation!
2) Freakonomics by Levitt and Dubner. I completely overpaid for it, but hey, when you're stuck in an airport shutdown in Dallas, desperate times call for desperate measures. For $26.95 (which you guys can get for cheaper if you order online), I'd venture to say that it may actually have been worth it. (And I rarely admit that about overpriced books these days).
If this is what finance and econ were about - perhaps I chose the wrong major. I've been engrossed since I picked it up. I like books that make me think, when they are not for the purpose of education.
3) Jelly Belly Sours. They're Jelly Belly's. And they're sour. So good...
4) The best granola ever. When I tutor one of my students, his dad always offers me a snack. They've ranged from cookies to brownies to quesadillas - but hands down the best was granola and yogurt. This is no ordinary granola - it's the best granola ever. I can't describe how good it is, so I just give you the website.
Jax's parents sent me 3 lbs of granola as a 'thank you' gift for the end of the year. (ie. after his report card came back). Breakfast has now re-emerged into existence.
5) Pride and Prejudice. OK, I can't *really* recommend it because I haven't watched it yet, but I'm very excited about it. No Colin Firth, but I'm willing to give a different Mr. Darcy a fair shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment