So the boys and I were in the park the other day, doing our workout routine. These days, we've been finishing up with pushups and dips on a bench. Basically, A has been going to the gym all summer and went from scrawny with crappy pushups to broader shouldered and Mr. Pushup King. The difference is really kind of ridiculous - it gives hope to the squishy armed out there.
So he's started this routine, which S (who is 13 and 90 lbs - a little guy) and I (much older, much heavier, but unfortunately a girl and therefore with a disaproportionately small amount of upper body strength) have just been pathetic at. Pathetic, I say.
Basically we line up on a bench and we do some number of dips. Then we turn around and do some number of pushups. Repeat some number of times. (I'm being vague, because all these numbers vary - if you do more in a set, then you do less sets.) So at first, A wanted to do the pushups the hard way - with your legs up on the bench. S and I can barely do them properly on the ground, so I made him change it to regular (or easier, since we're on the bench).
So today some jerk walks by, and says "those are girly pushups. You can't do them on the bench. SHE can, but what are you doing?"
Sometimes I really dislike freedom of speech.
So A, after getting mad and grumbling under his breath "well, I don't see YOU doing it" and going on about how we should use him as a kicking bag, turns himself around and does them the hard way. For the sake of productivity, S and I stayed the same.
But now that I think about it, I think I'm offended. Girly pushups? I'll show him girly pushups. Hrmph.
My new goal for the end of the summer is to do all the pushups and dips without assistance or modification, and be able to see the line between bicep and tricep.
No comments:
Post a Comment