I would venture to say that there is no greater temptation than...a really really itchy mosquito bite. The thing is, if you scratch it, it feels really awesome for about 2 seconds, and then it does one of two things:
1) It hurts. Perhaps even bleeds.
2) It itches more. Exponentially more than before you scratched it.
Cut and dry reasons why one should not give in to temptation.
I should have known that working out in Riverside Park in shorts would be exposing myself to the risk of being bitten. *sigh* I don't know how and when these happened, but they're mosquitos on crack, because these bites are huge-mungous. I must be really allergic to bites or something, because the reaction is ridiculous.
After Jodie-Ann returned early from Peru missions and gave us an update on how the team is doing, these bites have been a strange reminder to me to pray for the missions team. So I got through my day by thinking to myself "every time I feel the urge to scratch, I'm going to pray for missions, especially for the strength for them to withstand the conditions and mosquitos and other annoyances/difficulties associated with being in the jungle."
This is the most I've ever prayed in one day. I'm so serious.
Talk about dying to yourself...go missions teams! You guys are awesome. Don't scratch!
No comments:
Post a Comment