THE CHEESE FACTOR
There is good cheese and bad cheese. And I'm sure there are people out there who like really strong cheese, but...your cheesy moments have to be well-timed and...natural. There is a fine line between "aww" and "barf". If you find it, you're golden. But if you cross it, game over.
AWW: She's coming out of working late to find it pouring rain - and the guy is standing there waiting with an umbrella. Good job, dude. Plus, even if she's mad at you (which is often the case in k-dramas) - it's pouring buckets. She's not that stubborn - she'll let you walk her home.
BARF: Labelling her as "my cutie" on his cell phone. His name is "Jin-Hun" and she calls him "my hunny". Gag. Gag. Ew.
AWW: He remembers her birthday when no one else does. And he brings her miyuk-gook in a thermos. Double points for you, dude. You can add or subtract points for whether you think it's romantic or unrealistic that he climbed a mountain to get it to her. In the rain.
BARF: Couples intentionally wearing matching clothing. Dude, you're walking around holding hands - don't confuse people by making them think you're abnormally close twins or something. I do think it's kind of cute when couples mistakenly match, but that couple clothing trend in Korea really weirds me out. (Do they still do that?)
Just finished Samsoon. I liked it a lot - definitely makes my top 3. I thought it was going to be the one to challenge "Tomato", but...nope. I'm still faithful to my favorite! (Well, in the genre of mini-series-in-16-episodes-or-less)
No comments:
Post a Comment