너 팔싸움 할주알아? (do you know how to arm wrestle?)
예... (yes...)
힘 많아? (are you strong?)
여자 하고 하면 괜찮을걸요... (I'm probably decent against girls...)
나랑 한번 부트자...점심 내기할래? (do you want to go against me? wanna bet lunch?)
uhhh.... (uhh...)
My boss is really funny sometimes. So today at lunch, this conversation happens, and I'm thinking...
what???
Did my 60 year old boss just challenge me to arm wrestle him for lunch?
Apparently so.
We agreed to do it later (ie. not in the restaurant), but...now I have a dilemma. If there's one thing I've learned it's that you just shouldn't challenge a man's masculinity, particularly through strength. Nothing good can come of it. There's no benefit to you, and it's lose-lose on him. Double the stakes if said guy is Korean. Quadruple if he's over 30.
Then again, I'm not the one who challenged anything.
I mean, he might be stronger than me. He's a guy. I had little upper body strength to begin with, and I haven't done pushups for 6 months since I broke my finger. However, he's not a big guy, and he's old.
So my question is this: what do I do if I'm stronger than he is? Do I let him win? Or do I just let the match happen, and whoever wins wins? (Perhaps it's moot and I'm being overconfident and he's just going to crush me from the get-go...)
No comments:
Post a Comment