Friday, December 10, 2004

big big vent

I want more than anything to stomp around my room cursing at the top of my lungs. However, that's impossible, seeing as how my KNEE won't let me stomp. RAWR.

WHY can't anyone love and accept and appreciate me for WHO I AM instead of who they THINK I AM, who they WANT ME TO BE, or who they THINK I SHOULD BE???

If I'm disrespectful because I refuse to sit and listen to insulting comments and let my feelings be hurt - then so be it. If you make me choose between being respectful to others and respecting myself - then don't be surprised if you get hung up on. I don't care how your generation did it.

DO NOT compare me to your old protege who, yes, we all know was tougher than me and despite tearing her achilles 8 weeks before Olympic Trials made her comeback because of her amazing POSITIVE ATTITUDE.

Well it's more than difficult to have a f*cking POSITIVE ATTITUDE when my parents are being unsupportive, and when everyone's yelling at me all the time. Am I supposed to have a positive attitude when I'm crying on the ground because I hurt my knee and worried to death that I might have really hurt it - and then you yell at me to stop whining? When people think I should quit because it's not ladylike and I'll never get married?

If some LOSER guy is so insecure as to feel threatened by something that I enjoy - what does that say about how unsupportive of a boyfriend or husband he might be? Yes, that's exactly what I want, to be in a relationship with someone that I can't be myself around. Where I have to dumb myself down to not upset his ego. CLEARLY this is a quality man.

As for this POSITIVE crap - if you want me to THINK positive then you have to make me FEEL positive. And that does NOT start by yelling at me. By comapring me to other people. By belittling my feelings. By overlooking me. You yell at me about thinking positive when yourself don't even know if I'll be back in time.

Sad truths:
*The only person who will care about me is me.
*Life is unfair
*Life stinks
*Life is hard

RAWR.

No comments: