Saturday, December 04, 2004

it all sucks

What sucks about promotion tests:

*People who don't deserve to/aren't ready to test - who test. And pass.

*Getting kicked in the hand by people who obviously didn't practice their board breaks enough.

*Having to give a test that spans 3 belt groups of a large range (blue stripes to black stripes) - without any advance warning. And then having the apparent reaction be that it was too tough. Whatever, it was a damn good test. If people faltered, that's their own fault because the directions were clear and nowhere beyond their level. I will not lower my standards for anyone who isn't ready. People should expect better from themselves, and those that did showed it today.

*Not having been asked to equivalency, helping those who did have to equivalency and not being thanked, and then falling under the general announcement to everyone else who hasn't taken equivalency needs to schedule one. RAWR. A and B needing to equivalency, I understand. They're also instructors. They've been at WS for quite some time. C isn't even good, doesn't teach, hasn't been here that long - and frankly was still messing up half the forms as of last night. So aside from the fact that I wasn't asked when I'm the only person who ever asked to test with them in some capacity - having been asked AFTER someone who is far less qualified in every respect is salt in the wound. And the worst part is - I can't even find a good way to approach the subject. The announcement was vague enough that it's unclear whether the ball's in my court or not.

What is this? I know every single form on the requirements list, inside and out. I've been teaching them for the last 2 weeks. I'm the ONLY person who's at the dojang 7 days a week - and that's including the paid staff. My classes are the most well-attended, I have 5 students that take private lessons from me, I train like a maniac and I'm the #1 lackey - if you can't see my heart by my actions then fine, go ahead and squash it.

Whatever, I've had enough. My knee sucks, this all sucks and I can't look them in the eye without being upset. No matter, they probably don't even know. I'm not going back unless I have to teach. If they want to know why I'm not there, they can find out for themselves.

No comments: