I have been told that my sparkblog (hrmm I kind of like the sound to that...) is depressing lately, so I thought I'd mix it up today. So here are some positives to go with the negatives.
Things that rock:
Ryan called me the other night. He made my day. I miss my kids...
Bobby had a great bb test. It makes me so happy to see someone who's talented who also works hard. And to see a candidate who deserves to test who has an awesome test and deserves to pass. Very redeeming.
Dodo's misspelled quotes of the day that don't really come every day. Well, he tries. When he remembers.
Jerry, my physical therapist. He's the man. And he's the only person right now that I trust to push me to get better while not letting me get hurt.
Progress. Apparently it's pretty rapid though I don't feel it, but yay for being able to: lift, bike, RUN (I hate running, but it's nice to be able to do it). All the things I hate to do. But better than sitting around doing nothing.
Christmas shopping. Hard on the budget, but really fun. I found the perfect gift for Derek and Dylan yesterday!
Things that stink:
My knee. It aches. It clicks. It's weird.
Emotional wreckage. The irony of who coined this phrase. I'm starting to identifying some of the underlying bool-mahn. (Complaints? Dissatisfaction? Unhappiness? Something like that. One of those great Korean words that doesn't translate very well. Like ah-ggah-wuh).
Rain. When your shoes aren't waterproof. When your bag isn't waterproof and your umbrella doesn't cover it. When your umbrella is slowly dying. Rain in the city is so gross...
Not deserving to shower. Not to worry, I've been showering every day - but without having actually sweat good and hard to deserve it, I feel...like I'm cheating the system. Guilt washes over me in the form of clean water and soap...
No comments:
Post a Comment