Wednesday, December 01, 2004

what to do...

So...is this what "normal" life is like? Ever since I hurt my knee and haven't been able to work out, my whole life has changed. Now it's a question of whether I should go into the dojang at all - and on the days I don't, it's like...what do I do with myself? Being online is no fun because I can do that at work. There's watching tv, but that's a dangerous habit. It's almost like I watch the clock until it's time to sleep. Man...if work was all I had to life, I'd...die.

I suppose "normal" people meet up with friends for dinner, watch a lot of tv, veg...no wonder Americans are fat and lazy. I'm fat and lazy despite the fact that I work out every day. If I didn't...I can only imagine the slothful blob I would be...ick.

It's only been a little over a week, but...I'M SICK OF BEING "NORMAL"!!! Dodo told me that he sparred with Sabs last night when I wasn't there and I was so ridiculously jealous. But it's too painful to sit and watch class and not be able to take class. That just sucks. And it just adds to the frustration that I'm gimpy. And the risk that I'll try to kick before I'm supposed to.

I was so desperate to sweat that I did pushups and abs this morning when I woke up. This is how pathetic I've become. I absolutely detest pushups. But maybe I won't be puny and flabby by the time my knee is better enough to kick and I ignore my upper body again.

*sigh* Heal, knee, heal!

No comments: